Catholic Mass Readings and Reflection April 26, 2023

Third Week of Easter

26th April 2023 (Wednesday) Readings and Reflection

catholic-mass-readings-and-reflection-april-26-2023

Reading of the Day

First Reading: Acts 8:1b-8

There arose on that day a great persecution against the church in Jerusalem, and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles. 2 Devout men buried Stephen and made great lamentation over him. 3 But Saul was ravaging the church, and entering house after house, he dragged off men and women and committed them to prison. 4 Now those who were scattered went about preaching the word. 5 Philip went down to the city of Samaria and proclaimed to them the Christ. 6 And the crowds with one accord paid attention to what was being said by Philip, when they heard him and saw the signs that he did. 7 For unclean spirits, crying out with a loud voice, came out of many who had them, and many who were paralyzed or lame were healed. 8 So there was much joy in that city.

Psalm 66:8-9, 16-17, 20

R/. Blessed are those who walk in the law of the Lord Or: Alleluia.

Gospel : John 6:35-40

35 Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me. 39 And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. 40 For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”

Daily Gospel Reflection

The Reflection by Fr. Thumma Mariadas Reddy MSFS{alertWarning}

Main Theme: Persecuted for God!

Indicative: God does not will anyone to perish. He wants everyone to obtain eternal life. And this is possible through His beloved Son {alertSuccess}

1. Jesus alone is the source of salvation. He is the bread of life. He is the one who nourishes and strengthens us as the bread. He also makes us live for eternity. Those who believe in him will never be hungry or thirsty. This means those who seek and confide in God will not be “frustrated” or “dissatisfied”. They will not be misled or tormented by the forces of death. They will be the promoters of the culture of life.

2. Strength and growth, perseverance and fidelity are the hallmarks of the life of God. That is why the more the early Christians were persecuted, the more they became strong and grew more. They became persevering and faithful.

3. We must see the guts of the apostles. There was widespread persecution. It was also spearheaded by Paul before his conversion. They ran the risk of unjust imprisonment, even to the extent of death for the sake of Jesus.

4. But no amount of intimidation or imprisonment, persecution, or dispersion could arrest the unsurpassed work of the Lord. Along with the wisdom and courage to preach about Jesus Christ, Two things stand out in the early Church: the power of healing and the exceeding joy.

Imperative: Jesus is our courage and strength. Therefore those who believe in Jesus shall come out of the “scattered” mind. They shall be bold and strong to face any opposition and persecution{alertSuccess}

Sam

Hello this is Sam, I am Blogger.

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment

Previous Post Next Post